~ posted by Maria Ford
In addition to working from home (for about 15 years, now!), I also workout at home. I’ve been doing so regularly for more than two years, after my personal trainer moved away. It took me a few years to figure out how to make working at home work for me. In the process, I’ve discovered some tried-and-true online (YouTube) resources that give me the direction and motivation I need.
Each Sunday, I curate a week of workouts for myself. During the #COVID19 lock-down, I thought it would be helpful to share these for those of you who suddenly find yourselves without a gym or trainer to go to in person.
My workouts are a mix of cardio (fat-burning), strength training (if you don’t have weights at home yet, use full water bottles and soup cans), mobility, and and yoga/stretching.
Here’s a week’s worth of at-home workouts to get you started.
If you’d like me to continue posting my workouts each week, please comment!
Monday – Lower
- Cardio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M60AVSKVqUA
- Butt & Legs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNaNC0fFutI
- Yoga Stretch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFwrDtwPeGI
Tuesday – Upper
Wednesday – Active Rest
- Yoga Stretch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pavRUoAT1FQ
Thursday – Back
- Cardio: https://youtu.be/EeF47sA_o28
- Back: https://youtu.be/jsPNaj6xkqA
- Yoga Stretch: https://youtu.be/LCpRPpiQOAo
Friday – Core
- Cardio & Core: https://youtu.be/_ozkbpstWS8
- Yoga Stretch: https://youtu.be/yyYlVOqgj0A
Saturday – Cardio & Stretch
- Kickbox Cardio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_fHuIHWWi4
- Yoga Stretch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHGgAFJs4k
Sunday – Rest & Restore
Yoga Stretch & Restore (great to do before bed):