Hygiene & Virus Policy
As of March 5, 2020; subject to change at any time.
As dancers, we are privileged to enjoy being in close contact with other humans on a regular basis. As dance-event hosts, we place our participants’ health and safety as the highest priority.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have added the following Hygiene & Virus Policy to our Code of Conduct. But honestly, these are good guidelines for dancers to follow at all times:
- If you are sneezing, coughing, feverish, or experiencing other signs of illness, do not come dancing.
- If you have recently been exposed to or risked exposure to a known virus, do not come dancing for the government-determined quarantine period.
Updated 12 March 2020: please do not attend dance events for two weeks after returning from any travel outside of Canada, including to the United States.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap before dancing and after using a bathroom or eating.
- Use hand sanitizer throughout the evening. (We provide this at all of our events).
- Avoid touching your “face holes” (eyes, mouth, nose, ears) while dancing; wash your hands or use hand sanitizer if you do touch a hole.
Please read our Code of Conduct for additional advice and expectations.
The Naked Truth: Real Talk About West Coast Swing podcast episode “Special Report: Coronavirus”