- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1cup each, diced: onions, celery, bell peppers, carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried cumin
- 1.5 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can cooked lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (makes it spicy!) or another sauce of your choice – e.g. BBQ, salsa, etc.
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions, celery, bell pepper, carrots and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add all dry spices. Cook and stir for another 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except the cilantro. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro, if using. Remove from heat and serve hot. Top with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt if desired.
© Copyright Smoothstyle. All rights reserved.