Banana-Pumpkin Mini Muffins
I have tweaked this recipe over time and it’s now at a point where I think it’s perfect, so I’ll share it! These are gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free – and DELICIOUS!
Yield: 24 mini muffins
- 2c. gluten-free flour
- 1/3c. milled flax seed or ground nuts (e.g. almond “flour”)
- 1 egg OR a vegan egg replacement (soak 1/8 c. milled flax seed in 1/3 c. of water for 3 minutes)
- 1 t. Xantham gum
- 1t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 3 over-ripe, mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 c. pumpkin purree (can also use applesauce, date puree or prune puree – baby food works)
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- Whole flax seeds or chia
- Prepare egg replacement, if using.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees and spray mini-muffin tins with oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients, including bananas, in a small bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Drop by tablespoons into prepared mini-muffin tins, filling to the brim.
- Sprinkle with whole fax seeds or chia.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm or freeze in airtight container.