This is a thick, creamy, scrumptious pudding that you can sweeten or spice to taste, and serve with garnishes. It’s very rich and filling – a little goes a long way!
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 4 tsp. brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Spices of choice (e.g. chili pepper, black pepper, cardamom…)
- Optional garnishes, such as slivered almonds, chopped pistachios, fresh berries, mini marshmallows, skor bits…
- Puree avocado in a blender or food processor
- Whisk together cocoa and milk; add to avocado and puree again
- Add sweetener, vanilla, and any other spices of choice
- Puree until smooth
- Store in refrigerator until serving. Spoon into bowls and garnish.