Cauliflower Pizza Crusts
It took a bit of experimenting to get these to a consistency that actually supports a tasty amount of ingredients on top. As shown in the photo, you can make these any size you like, including mini ones that can be used like crackers or for snacks on their own.
Yield: 5-6 individual-size pizza crusts
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- oregano, garlic salt, or other seasonings of choice
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- “Rice” the cauliflower. Chop off the florets and put them into a food processor. Pulse until the consistency is like rice or a coarse meal.
- Transfer the riced cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high temperature for 8 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then dump the heated rice onto a cheesecloth or towel and squeeze out the liquid. Return to bowl.
- Add 2 eggs, cheese, and seasonings to taste, mixing vigorously and very well. Take care – if you do this while the rice is still very hot, it will cook the egg before you can mix it well.
- Spread the rice batter onto the prepared cookie sheet. For individual-size crusts, use 1/2 cup portions.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
Top these with all your favourite pizza ingredients, then return to a hot oven to heat the toppings and melt any cheese topping.