Overnight oats are a fantastic grab-and-go breakfast. The recipe is easy to play with. You can adjust the Options depending on your preferences, such as energy (matcha powder), protein (nuts & seeds), and flavour (cacao, peanut butter).
This recipe makes one serving:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick oats) – use gluten-free certified oats if needed
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter or PB&Me peanut butter powder
- 1 Tbsp chocolate-nut spread, like Nutella
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
Topping ideas (mix & match):
- Fresh berries
- Diced apples
- Diced crystallized ginger
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Carob chips or chocolate chips
- Roasted peanuts
- Chopped nuts or trail mix
- Drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce
- In a bowl or highball glass, combine all the Base ingredients plus any Options. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover, add toppings, and enjoy.