These raw snacks do not contain refined sugar AND they taste just like “Eat More” candy bars.
The recipe is modified from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, page 205.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- Scant 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Scant 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Add the dates and pulse until well combined with the nuts.
- Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt.
- Process until mixture is thick and smooth. Add the almonds, and pulse a few times until combined.
- Form the mixture into golf-sized balls with your hands and roll in the coconut.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer.