“Eat More” Snacks
These raw snacks do not contain refined sugar AND they taste just like “Eat More” candy bars.
The recipe is modified from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, page 205.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- Scant 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Scant 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Add the dates and pulse until well combined with the nuts.
- Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt.
- Process until mixture is thick and smooth. Add the almonds, and pulse a few times until combined.
- Form the mixture into golf-sized balls with your hands and roll in the coconut.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer.