I modified a previous recipe and think I have achieved Crumble Nirvana!
- 8 peaches, washed and sliced (skins on)
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. dried crystallized ginger
- 1/2 t. lime zest
- 3 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 t. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche spread, divided in half
- 1.5 c. large-flake rolled oats
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (gluten-free)
- 1/4c. brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- pinch each: cinnamon and ground ginger
- 1/2 c. cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the peaches, brown sugar, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread into 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Dollop about 2 T. of the dulce de luche spread evenly over the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, stir the oats, flour, sugar, and spices together.
- Using fingers or a pastry cutter combine the butter into the mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling.
- Bake until topping is light gold and filling is bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
- Broil until the topping is a deep gold, 1-2 minutes.