These muffins are so delicious, yet with less fat and sugar than most. YUMMY!
(Modified slightly from Ambitious Kitchen)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup honey (or try maple, ginger, or agave syrup)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in carob chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day.